Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Summer Anime Quick Reviews

So I'd heard that the summer season is a dumping ground of sorts. All the crap tends to end up here, likely because people tend to go outside a lot more during summer. It's like how in America, a lot of new shows start airing in summer, and most end up being crap.

After reading other blogs, and watching the first couple episodes of the new shows, this summer anime season is indeed a dump.

Here's a short list of what's airing:

Seitokai Yakuindomo: Similiar to Seitokai Ichizon and B Gata H Kei, but not funny. Pass.
Mitsudomoe: Practically a clone of Kodomo no Jikan, but replaced good characters with stupid jokes. Pass.
Amagami SS: Could have a decent plot, but the characters, style, pretty much the whole show, is dull. (A lot of people say the character design is dull, but I actually like it.) Pass.
HSOD: More blood and sex than I've seen in anime in a long time, also the only real zombie apocalypse anime I can think of. Watch.
Ookami-San: Faily mediocre, but the characters are fun enough that it's entertaining mediocrity. Watch.
Asobi ni Iku Yo: Haven't been able to get the first ep of this yet. I hear it's a surprisingly good twist on the generic harem genre.

Edit: Saw the first episode of Asobi ni Iku Yo. It turned out it actually does have a plot. Honestly, it seems to me that it's actively trying to turn the whole harem genre on it's head.

Also saw the first episode of Nurarihyon no Mago. Not going into huge detail here, but I'm still on the fence about it. It probably won't be amazing, but it could turn out okay.

Full Reviews of Asobi ni Iku Yo and Nurarihyon no Mago are forthcoming. Too tired to think about writing them, but I have some ideas in my head for each.

No comments:

Post a Comment